Wednesday 30 September 2009

Hello,
First of all, welcome to the followers of that blog, especially to my first follower: sculptinglady. Thanks a lot, it's fantastic to feel a bit less lonely.

Good news, there will be a lot happening these days on this blog. First of all, I have finished my new piece in alabaster, here is the first published pictures of it.

It took me a while to do it but it is worth it I think. Every face is different so that even two pictures don't give a true ideal of it.

I have also started a new piece; a sail in limestone. While carving, I am making a film so that I will be able to upload a film on stone carving on Youtube.

I hope it could be inspirational to someone.

See you.

Frederic

3 comments:

  1. I like your new piece, it looks very delicat and fragile. What kind of stone is the base made of?
    Also, can I put a link to your blog on facebook? perhaps more followers will follow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your good comment sculptinlady, it is very fragile as the alabaster is very fractured.
    The base is made of belgian black marble which I got directly from the quarry.
    Of course you can put a link from your facebook account. Thanks very much for the offer. I don't have much traffic yet and that could hopefully help.
    Frederic

    ReplyDelete